Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Top 10 Tuesday


This weeks Top 10 Tuesday is: Top 10 authors I'm thankful for and why.

This is a really hard one because I have many favourite authors and I like them all for different reasons.

  1. Jenna Burtenshaw - I am thankful for Jenna because her book Wintercraft was the reason I decided to start my blog so if it wasn't for Jenna I would have never  made my blog. Jenna was also the first author I interviewed for my blog (Read interview here), and the Wintercraft series was the first series that I have ever finished. I am also thankful because she didn't kill Silas Dane in the Wintercraft series (THANK YOU FOR THAT) even though in some places I was sure she was going to and because we both love Castle for one haha. - I am Currently waiting for Jenna's new book (wish it would hurry up because I am DYING to read it (read about it here))
  2. Alyson Noel - I am thankful for Alyson because she brought me Damon and Ever - love them - (even though the series didn't quest end the way I hoped), and she also brought me the second and third series I read. If it wasn't for Alyson's Immortal series and Riley Bloom series, I think I would probably wouldn't be reading as much as I do now. (Read interview here). I'm sad that there is not more Damon and Ever but glad I have her new series to keep me occupied and I am sure I will fall in love with Dace and Daire like it did with Ever and Damon.
  3. Jessica Brody - I am thankful for Jessica because her books always make me laugh (except UNREMEMBERED it made me scream because of how it ended and knowing I have to wait a REALLY long time before I can read book 2 :p), I also interviewed Jessica (Read interview here).
  4. Rose Impey - Rose wrote one of the first books I ever read and really truly appreciated and loved (The Sleepover Club) I was also lucky enough to interview Rose (Read interview here).
  5. E.B. White - Charlotte's Web need I say more.
  6. C. S. Lewis - C. S Lewis brought us the Chronicles of Narnia one of the best books ever written and films ever made I Love Aslan.
  7. Dorothy Edwards - Dorothy wrote the first books I ever read (My Naughty Little Sister) over and over and over again which is why I am thankful of her.
  8. Jodi Picoult - I am thankful for Jodi because she wrote the first book that ever made me stay up till late just to finish the book (I stayed up until 3am reading My Sisters Keeper just because I refused to sleep until I found out if Anna got what she wanted) and it was the first proper book to make me cry. (By proper I mean not Charlotte's Web which is the only other book to make me cry)
  9. V. C. Andrews -  I am thankful for Virginia because her books are fab and her series Willow was the first series I ever read (never completed though I only read the first three and half books). I have read a few of her first in the series books but when I read them I wasn't as big a reader as I am now so I didn't want to read the rest of the series but eventually I will read the whole series of them all from the start.
  10. Claudia Gray - Claudia wrote the first vampire series I have read, yet again Evernight is the only series about vampires I have read, even though I have yet to finish the series but Evernight was amazing and because this year is dedicated to reading books in series or finishing a series I have started I will get to finish reading them.
If it wasn't for most of these authors (mainly Jenna, Jessica and Alyson) I don't think my blog would have gone anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...