Monday, February 01, 2016

Get to Know Me - Tara Ellis

Tara Ellis


Where are you from? 
I was originally born in Chicago, but I have lived in Washington State for most of my life. I grew up in Eastern WA (Yakima), but have spent my whole adulthood in Western WA.

When and why did you begin writing? 
When I was around eight-years-old. I was already an avid reader, and the stories were tumbling around in my head so I had to put it on paper. This also caused me to teach myself how to type!

Did you always want to be an author? 
Absolutely. I knew it the first time I put words on paper.

How long each day/week do you dedicate to writing? 
At least a couple of hours, sometimes most of the day. I would say an average of four hours.

What do you do when you’re not writing? 
Time wise, I work about 100 hours a month at a ‘real’ job as a registration clerk at a nearby Emergency Room. I also work online part-time for another author. I used to be a volunteer firefighter/EMT, but had to quite due to joint issues, but I still teach public CPR for our local EMS.


I have two kids, so of course, spending time with them is a priority! Camping, hiking and swimming are favorite activies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...