Friday, February 27, 2015

My Interview With Gina A Watson

I had the pleasure to interview Gina A Watson who is a new to me author.



When did you first start writing and when did you finish your first book?
I started writing my first book in 2012, and funnily enough I haven’t actually finished that one. More and more ideas just popping into my head.

Do you ever experience writers block? If so how do you find best to cure it?
Ahh writers block, I’ve never really had a full case of writers block but I have had a lack of inspiration and motivation and I found the way to beat that is to look up pictures that could be related to your story or novel and also listening to music helps a lot too, it allows your mind to relax.

Can you tell us about your upcoming book? And how you come up with the idea?
Although the book is not fully mine, it is an anthology being published by Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly and it is called Mystical Bites. It will be released sometime in March and will be available on Amazon. My story in the anthology is called The Black Rose, I came up with the idea when I saw a promotion about Witches on the TV. After that my mind kept thinking of idea after idea and it became my story.

If you could work with any author who would it be?
Wow this is a hard question, but if I had to pick just one it would have to be Maria V. Snyder. I love all of her books and would absolutely love to work alongside her.

If you could do it over again, is there anything you would change in any of your books?
I know with the first book I started writing I’d love to re-write it and change the tenses for it. Other than that, I like to plan out every detail of the story of novel before I start to write it so if I feel anything needs to be changed I usually change it in the planning stage.

Have you ever removed a character or changed a character in a book before publishing it and then regretted it?
No. I don’t think I have ever removed a character from a story or novel, I tend to get close to my characters so I don’t think I’d have it in my heart to remove one of them.

When writing about something you don’t know very much about where does your information come from?
Lots and lots of research, I also like to read some books either in that genre or some books that are about that subject just so I can get the feel of what I am needing for my work. 

What is the easiest and the hardest part to write?
For me, the easiest part to write would be descriptions, I am one for lots of describing. The hardest part would have to be fighting scenes, they can be tough to write if you don’t know all the information on that type of fighting.

Is there anything you would like to say to your readers?
To my readers, I hope that you like mine and everyone’s stories in Mystical Bites and that I hope you continue to follow me and my stories. 

Where can we stalk you?
Facebook
Website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...