Monday, February 02, 2015

Get To Know Me With Lee Ryder

Where do you live?
I’m actually an author based out of Massachusetts but my heart is in my hometown of Alden NY.

Can you tell me about yourself?
I’m a mother of 3 children and one angel. I grew up in Alden NY which is a small town near Buffalo. My parents fostered a deep love of reading when I was very young. I could lose myself for hours in a book and travel anywhere I wanted in those pages. Reading for me was an escape and it quickly morphed into writing. I filled dozens of pages with “fanfiction” based on the books I read. I loved to create, draw, and was very active in the school’s music program becoming an accomplished instrumentalist and singer. I continue my avid interest in music to this day. I wrote several small works that were featured in school magazines and publications. I had several wonderful English teachers that were instrumental in my becoming an author. They fostered my love of writing and really inspired me.

Have you always wanted to be an author?
I knew I wanted to write stories to share with the world when I began to read.  I thought, if they can do it, so can I.

Why did you begin to write?
Writing was a way to create the worlds I would lose myself in, in books. It was a way to say what I wanted to say in writing instead of trying to get it out verbally which I was never good at.

Is there any particular author or book that influenced you in anyway?
I think the first few authors I began reading, like VC Andrews, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Dean Koontz, and John Saul were my foundation. I’m inspired by Christy Sloat, Raebeth McGee-Buda, Becki Brannen, JK Accinni, S’Cuanam Policar, and so many others who have made their way in the Indie World. These are strong women with great books and they’ve helped me immensely along the way.

How long each day/week do you dedicate to writing?
I write when the mood hits me, and it’s not always just on one book I’ve got so many things flying through my head that I write down the ideas and get them on paper before I lose them. I don’t have a set time to write, I can’t work like that being a Mom. That’s why I like being an Indie author, I write on my own terms.


Look out for my interview with Lee Ryder coming on February 6th

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...