Thursday, June 27, 2019

Interview - Toya Richardson 2019

Toya Richardson is another new to me author that found me after I shared a post on my Facebook page for my blog.


1.        What is your favourite part of a book to write?
There are two really. The first is the slow burn and build up to when the characters become physical for the first time. Second is when there’s an action scene close to the end of the book and the characters must work to make things come to a successful conclusion.

2.        What inspired you to write your current piece of work?
Ah, that’s an easy one. I was looking at some pictures on one of the Facebook pages I follow when I came across a picture of two stunningly hot guys. Instantly, I had an idea for a paranormal romance which contains angel/vampire hybrids. It’s also a ménage, which is the first time I’ve written one. I had a lot of fun with this one. Nerves will start soon though as I’ll be handing it over to my beta readers!

3.        What is it about and did you do any research for it?
Ooops, already kind of answered this lol. The Hybrids have a duty to patrol a certain territory to eradicate demons who are killing humans. They can only kill the demon permanently when they find their mated mate and bond in a ritual. As the Hybrids are twins thy share everything… including their mate. I did research about ménages, which was quite fun 😉

4.        When reading do you only read books in the genre you write, or do you read various genres?
I read various genres, although paranormal romance is my favourite. I recently read my first ever reverse harem which was interesting!

5.        Do your characters try to make like bunnies and create ever more convolved plots for your or do you have to coax the out of your character?
My characters are really bad. They take me in directions which I’d never even thought about. They speak very loudly and are hard to ignore. This is why I don’t make plots because as soon as I start to write, they take me in a completely different direction.

6.        Have you ever gotten rid of a character or changed a character in a book before publishing and then regretted it?
Never.

7.        Why should a reader pick up/buy your book?
If they’re looking for a piece of fantasy and escapism, my paranormal romance books give you that, along with hot alpha males and women who can hold their own. I know it’s not everyone’s genre of choice, but a few readers have said they’ve never read PNR before but are hooked after reading Wild Desire. I take that as a huge compliment.

If they’re looking for sweet, sexy reads that transport them to amazing locations, my Beach Reads Romance Series is the one for them. I like to think they’re easy reads that have engaging characters and a few dilemmas along the way.

8.        What can we look forward to in 2019?
I’ve already released three books this year. Two more are planned. A PNR, Animal Magnetism, book 2 of The Protectors Series, is due out late August/early September. There’s a Christmas Novella, Destination Dream – A Christmas Cruise, part of the Beach Reads Series, which is due out on 29th November.

9.        What do you do when you get writers block and what advice would you give to someone who "ran out of creativity" while writing?
Fortunately, this doesn’t happen too often to me. What I normally do is walk away from it. Go do something else like read, watch a movie or take a walk. It’s good to take a breather and do something totally different. Leave it for a day or two and go back fresh to it. This usually works for me.

10.      Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
I love to engage with readers and am always happy to answer questions about my work and me in general. Don’t be shy, get chatting 😊

Where can your readers stalk you?
I also have a readers group where you get to hear live reads and other info about my work before anyone else. It’s called Toya’s Treasures www.facebook.com/groups/230915490787532/

Other:
Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/profile/toya-richardson?list=about Still learning what to do with this lol
MeWe: https://mewe.com/  I think you just need to search my name on this one

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...