Monday, June 24, 2019

Get To Know Me - Toya Richardson


Toya Richardson
1.        Can you tell me about yourself?
I write mainly paranormal and contemporary romances. I’m married with one grown up son who works on cruise ships and I have a cat called Masai. I live near Ipswich in Suffolk, originally from Essex in the UK. When not writing or reading I love watching Formula One racing and darts, love live gigs, travelling, rock music, cinema, gardening and spending time with my friends.

My most recent release is Destination Redemption, released 7th June, which is book 3 of my Beach Reads Romance Series. There will be six books in total in this series and they can all be read as standalone, although some have recurring characters. Book 4 is a Christmas novella, Destination Dream: A Christmas Novella, which will be out 29th November this year. Each story in this series takes place in a resort I have personally visited, although part of the Christmas novella is set on a cruise ship. I’ve never been on a cruise but will be at the end of June 😉 I’ve fallen in love with each location. So yes, I am a hopeless romantic who goes all mushy over hot sexy guys, strong-willed females, beautiful scenery, awesome sunsets and sunrises lol.

I’ve recently self-published my first book; I was pretty anxious about this but so pleased I did it. It’s the first in a series of paranormal romances. I must admit it’s my favourite genre. Wild Desire, The Protectors Book 1, is free on KU. This series will be full of all different kinds of shifters, Elementals, witches, wizards, Demons and a few evil humans just for good measure lol. Oh, and lots of gorgeous Alpha guys and their strong, independent women. Book two, Animal Magnetism will be out late summer/early autumn this year. This book is with my editor as we speak.

I’m also working on a new paranormal romance series called Hybrid Lovers and have just completed the first draft of Captivated, which is book one. This one is a ménage between two Hybrid angel/vampires and their human fated mate. This should be out sometime early next year.

2.        When and why did you begin writing?
My mum encouraged me from a very early age to use my imagination and was always making up stories to keep me amused. Her dream was to see me published, but she sadly passed away in 2009 before that happened. It was the catalyst to finally focus on writing, I was eventually published for the first time in 2014. Every book I am fortunate enough to get published is now dedicated to my mum’s memory.

3.        Do you use pen and paper first then transfer to computer or computer all the way?
I used to attempt to write plots by hand, but I never used any of them. My characters have a way of taking me in surprising directions. Mostly, apart from a few notes, I use the computer.

4.        What are you reading at the moment?
I’ve just finished reading my first ever reverse harem, The Captive by Mika Lane.

5.        If you could work with any author, who would it be and why?
That’s a toughie. Not certain if I could write with anyone else. I’d find it difficult to find anyone who has the same ideas as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...