Thursday, June 20, 2019

Interview - Kelly McMullen Lowe 2019


Kelly McMullen Lowe is a new to me author who has happily agreed to partake in an author interview for the blog.


1)         What is your favourite part of a book to write?
"The End" lol! I'm just kidding, my favourite part is the beginning. I love seeing new characters come to life and tell their story.

2)         Can you tell us about your current piece of work?
I am working on a couple of pieces at the moment.

Callum - Past and Presnt (book 6 of The Guardian Shifters, is releasing in August. This is from my brand new PNR series. It is one of my favourite series, the characters are addictive and their stories are even more so. It's set in Scotland and each story is full of emotion. Each book will keep you on the edge of your seat.

Shawland Security:book 2, is the new part of my romantic suspense series. It's dark, gritty, and it will stir up many emotions before it pieces you back together.

And finally, Forbidden Love. This is a spin off from Shawland Security, but completely standalone. It's a dark romance. It's very powerful and it will pull at your heartstrings.

3)         How many books are going to be in the series?
Each series of mine is different.
The Guardian Shiftere - 7 books
Shawland Security - 3
Forbidden Love is a standalone.

4)         When writing about something you don’t know very much about where does your information come from?
I have a few books where the characters have jobs I'm clueless about, eg firemen and soldiers. For each of those books I spoke with fireman and a soldier, got into their head and let their personal account shape the book. I come to love the fire service, their love and dedication was just out of thos world. It helped develop my Burning Hearts series.

5)          What do you do to get you in the writing zone? Listen to music, have a TV or radio playing etc..
I always have music on.

6)         How do you choose the names for your books and characters?
Titles for my books usually come much later in the writing process for me. I generally try to pick a word or phrase from the book.

Characters is an easy one, because I like a lot of names. I store unusual names away for a rainy day. My readers group is also good at giving me their favourite names if I get stuck.

7)         How do you come up with your story ideas?
Life in general. I do a lot of people watching. I also write my romance stories true to real life, because I think it helps transport us to another believable world.

8)         If you could do it over again, is there anything you would change in your last book?
Not in my last book, no. However, I would change a couple of my earlier books, because I've learnt so much since then.

9)         How do you get started with writing a book? (as in how do you start developing the story, how do you get inspired for it)
It can be something as simple as a song or something I come across in a cafe or restaurant. As I said above, I people watch and that gives me a lot of inspiration.

10)       In your spare time – when you’re not writing - what do you like to do?
I like to read, walk, swim, and martial arts training.

11)       Who are the target readers?
Each of my books target a wide audience. I'd say between 18-80 my books target.

12)       What do you think readers look for in a book?
Emotion, a good story, believable plots, loveable characters.

13)       Why should a reader pick up/buy your book?
Because I write what I like. I write a believable story true to real life. My books will stir emotions you didn't know possible.

14)       What can we look forward to in 2019?
I have a wide variety of books releasing in 2019.

March - I released a collection of short stories based on contemporary romance and holidays we celebrate here in the U.K.

May - I released Shawland Security:Book . This book is dark and gritty, but it will hook you in from the prologue until the very end.

August - will see the release of Callum - Past and Present (book 6 of The Guardian Shifters)

I have another couple of books planned for later 2019, but no definite plans as of yet.

15)       Is there anything you would like to say to your readers?
Thank you for buying my books, reviewing my words, and being a tower of strength in this indie community.

Where can your readers stalk you?
Facebook: www.facebook.com/authorkmlowe
Goodreads: www.goodreads.com/KMLOWE
Twitter: www.twitter.com/KMLOWE86
Instagram: www.instagram.com/author_k.m_lowe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...