Monday, April 02, 2018

Get To Know Me - Alice La Roux


A Little get to know the author interview

1) Where are you from?
I’m from Maesteg, a small town in South Wales.

2) When and why did you begin writing?
I have always written, I just never did anything with it. In University I started writing a story called The Adventures of Theodora Greyson (it has yet to be finished). It became an addiction, I wrote instead of studying. Library sessions with my friends would be them working and me writing – and then sending it to them. They encouraged me and I found I was writing when I was getting too stressed with exams or essays.

3) Did you always want to be an author?
No, I went into University with the intention of being a teacher but by the time I left I realised it wasn’t for me. I toyed briefly with the idea of doing a PhD and lecturing but when I finished my MA I was writing more than I was studying and researching so it felt a little pointless. I was no longer in the academic mind-set.

4) How long each day/week do you dedicate to writing?
I work four days a week so on my days off I try to write or at least work on my newsletter/social media etc.

5) What do you do when you’re not writing?
Nap. Bake. Read – I’m such a book whore. I have no space in my office; it’s filled with all my signed books. I genuinely think I’d be so upset if anything ever happened to my kindle.

6) If you could work with any author, who would it be and why?
Ooooooo I have loads! I’d love to work with Rebecca Weeks for something fairy-tale inspired and Claire Marta for something dark and gritty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...