Monday, March 02, 2015

Get to know me With Sherri Fulmer Moorer

Where do you live?
I live in Columbia, South Carolina. That’s in the Southeast United States.

Can you tell me about yourself?
By day, I’m a program assistant working in professional licensing for design and environmental professionals. By night, I’m an independent author of science fiction and mystery novels. I live in the woods of South Carolina (in the Southeastern United States) with my husband, Rick, and our two parrots, Zack and Chloe. I admit that I am an opportunist that wanted to jump on the ebook wave and took full advantage of it as soon as I could! I enjoy spending time with my family, new technology, TV shows and movies about superheros (and villains!), and, of course, reading.

Why and when did you begin to write?
I’ve always been a writer, ever since I learned how to read and write. You could say I “officially” started writing in 2001 when I got my own personal computer so I could write and do research at home.

How long each day/week do you dedicate to writing?
I have a full time job (along with writing), so it can be a balancing act. I try to write about 2 hours a day, 4 days a week as an average.

Do you work with an outline or do just write?
I just write. I’ve tried outlines, and I deviated too much from them. Once I get into writing the book, there’s no telling where it will lead, and I want to give my characters (and the plot) the freedom to go where it will.

When reading yourself do you prefer eBooks, paperbacks or hardbacks?
I prefer eBooks. I’m a techno-junkie, but that’s probably because my husband is a computer technician! Sometimes I do enjoy a good paperback too. I swore off hardbacks when I got into eBooks because frankly, they’re heavy and cumbersome to handle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...