Monday, April 30, 2012

The Patriot Paradox by William Esmont


4/5 Stars

Ex-CIA analyst Kurt Vetter and enigmatic foreign agent Amanda Carter race across Europe in a quest to unearth the truth behind the murder of Kurt's brother. Trying desperately to stay ahead of a government that has forsaken them, they discover a conspiracy that threatens the very foundation of world stability. The clock is ticking and Kurt and Amanda must find a way to halt the plot before millions die.

At the moment I am into my crime novels (after watching some many crime solving shows) so I was glad to win this book.  

This novel is book one in the series The Reluctant Hero.  With it being a short book I wondered how much action was going to be in it and was surprised to find out that for a short novel there is so much packed in that you don’t get a break.  It is a moving novel especially while reading about the suffering Kurt is going through with his brother but the character didn’t really seem to grow.  The plot though is amazing and the action goes at just the right pace.

The ending of this novel is a little in the predictable side, but as a thriller it comes to a good end and make’s me want to read the sequel which I am waiting to see if I win on good reads if not I will defiantly have to buy it as soon as I can.

Currently Reading: Switched - Amanda Hocking
Read in 2012: 6/20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...