Thursday, January 05, 2017

Interview - Jessica Brody 2017

     Jessica Brody     A Week of Mondays

1) Other than Addie Bell’s Shortcut to Growing Up what else will you have for us in 2017?
2017 is shaping up to be an exciting year! Addie Bell comes out in February, and then in August, I have a YA contemporary (with a magical twist) called IN SOME OTHER LIFE and in November, I have another YA contemporary releasing called THE CHAOS OF STANDING STILL.  You can read about both of those here: http://www.jessicabrody.com/books/teen-fiction/in-some-other-life/about/

2) Was it hard changing from female main character to all male character for Boys of Summer?
You know, it wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be! It’s really about figuring out who this person is as a human being (gender aside). Once you do that, it doesn’t really matter if they’re a girl or a boy, you just write them.

3) Do you think you will ever revisit Sera and Zen? Maybe by doing a spin-off of them growing up happily ever after? (I know it ended up with a happy ending but I think your fans will agree that we need more)
I’m so thrilled that people want more of Sera and Zen! I actually get this question a lot! I have no plans right now to do a spin-off or revisit them. But the movie is still in the works, and I think it might be fun to do something to tie into the movie release, although I still have no idea what that would be. But stay tuned!

4) Can we expect any Boys of Summer sequels?
OOH! Um...well, all I can say right now is...maybe. J

5) Is there any news of an Unremembered movie or TV Series?
There is! Unfortunately, nothing I can divulge yet. But keep following me on all the social medias. I’m hoping to post some new updates SOOON!

6) Are you working on anything new and if so how did the idea for it come to you?
I’m currently working on TWO secret projects (that I can’t even talk about yet!) and I’m also working on revisions for THE CHAOS OF STANDING STILL which comes out in November. It’s about two teens who get stuck in the Denver airport during a massive blizzard and accidentally swap phones, sending them on a crazy, all-night, life-changing adventure. That idea came to me most likely because I pretty much LIVE in the Denver airport and I just love thinking about all the different “stories” that pass through that airport (or any airport) every day. So I decided to tell one of them.

7) Although A Week of Monday’s isn’t out in the UK have the reviews been good overall so far?
YES! I’m so excited about the response to A WEEK OF MONDAYS. I’ve been getting such positive feedback from readers which just makes my day!

8) What made you switch back to Middle Grade from Young Adult with Addie Bell’s Shortcut to Growing Up? And will you be writing more Young Adult books in the future?
I will be writing tons more YA and tons more middle grade in the future! I actually really enjoy writing both! With ADDIE BELL, I just really wanted to tell a story about a girl who grows up too fast...like REALLY fast (she magically goes from 12 to 16 overnight). It’s still set in high school but she has a twelve-year-old mind, so it was fun to kind of blur the lines between YA and MG.

9) What do you like to listen to or watch while you’re working?
I can’t listen to music while I write. I get too wrapped up in the melody and lyrics and I lose my focus! So mostly I just listen to white noise tracks!

10) Finally what was it like being chosen to write the Descendants series for Disney?
OMG! A dream come true! I’m an UBER Disney. Like crazy Disney fan. We actually have a Disney-themed guest room in our house! So it’s kind of like being paid to write fan fiction. J

1 comment:

  1. The Chaos of Standing Still is a complex novel about coping with the death of a loved one. There is plenty of comic relief and some pretty adorable moments, so the book isn’t pure sorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...